Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

ConQUIZtador
Trenutno vreme je: 19. Apr 2024, 11:52:09
nazadnapred
Korisnici koji su trenutno na forumu 0 članova i 1 gost pregledaju ovu temu.
Idi dole
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Tema: Life after life - Raymond Moody  (Pročitano 36608 puta)
29. Okt 2015, 23:04:54
Superstar foruma

Americki patriota

Zodijak Pisces
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 75692
Zastava
Browser
Safari 601.1.56
mob
I-mate 30 Pro

Life after life Raymond Moody

Biography[edit]
Education and early career[edit]
Moody earned a BA (1966), M.A. (1967) and a PhD (1969) in philosophy from the University of Virginia. He also obtained a PhD in psychology from the University of West Georgia, then known as West Georgia College, where he later became a professor in the topic.[4] In 1976, he was awarded an MD from the Medical College of Georgia.[5]

After obtaining his M.D., Moody worked as a forensic psychiatrist in a maximum-security Georgia state hospital. In 1998, Moody was appointed Chair in Consciousness Studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

Near death research[edit]
While an undergraduate at the University of Virginia in 1965, Moody encountered psychiatrist, Dr. George Ritchie, who told Moody about an incident in which he believed he had journeyed into the afterlife while dead for nearly nine minutes at the age of 20 (which Ritchie would later recount in his book, Return From Tomorrow, published in 1978). Moody began documenting similar accounts by other people who had experienced clinical death and discovered that many of these experienced shared common features, such as the feeling of being out of one’s body, the sensation of traveling through a tunnel, encountering dead relatives, and encountering a bright light. In 1975, Moody published many of these experiences in his book, Life After Life, in which he coined the term "near-death experience."

In 1992, a television documentary was produced based on Moody's book, Life After Life, which won a bronze medal in the Human Relations Category at the New York Film Festival.

In an interview with Jeffrey Mishlove, Moody shared his personal conclusions about his research into near-death experiences:

I don't mind saying that after talking with over a thousand people who have had these experiences, and having experienced many times some of the really baffling and unusual features of these experiences, it has given me great confidence that there is a life after death. As a matter of fact, I must confess to you in all honesty, I have absolutely no doubt, on the basis of what my patients have told me, that they did get a glimpse of the beyond.[6]

Later research[edit]
Inspired by the Greek psychomanteums where the ancient Greeks would go to consult the apparitions of the dead (which Moody had read about in classic Greek texts that he encountered while a student at the University of Virginia), Moody built a psychomanteum in Alabama, which he calls the Dr. John Dee Theater of the Mind. By staring into a mirror in a dimly lit room, Moody claims that people are able to summon visions of spiritual apparitions (see mirror gazing).

Moody has also researched past life regression and believes that he personally has had nine past lives.[7]

Books[edit]
Life After Life (1975) - Collection of anecdotal accounts of the afterlife related by people who have revived after having briefly died.
Coming Back: A Psychiatrist Explores Past-Life Journeys (1991) - Proposes explanations for past-life experiences.
Reunions: Visionary Encounters with Departed Loved Ones (1994) - Proposes methods for summoning apparitions of the dead.
Life After Loss (2001) - Discusses death sense, wherein when someone knows intuitively that someone close to them has died, and also discusses death co-incidents, wherein people who have not died accompany their dying loved one into the afterlife, then return to their bodies.
Criticism of Moody's near-death research[edit]
Barry Beyerstein a professor of psychology has written that Moody's alleged evidence for an afterlife is flawed, logically and empirically.[8] The psychologist James Alcock has noted that "[Moody] appears to ignore a great deal of the scientific literature dealing with hallucinatory experiences in general, just as he quickly glosses over the very real limitations of his research method."[9]

Moody has been described as a "strong personal believer" in the paranormal.[10] His methods have drawn criticism from the scientific community as many of the personal reports he collected on NDEs were given by the patients themselves, months and even years after the event. Terence Hines commented "such reports are hardly sufficient to argue for the reality of an afterlife."[11]

The philosopher Paul Kurtz has written that Moody's evidence for the NDE is based on personal interviews and anecdotal accounts and there has been no statistical analyses of his data. According to Kurtz "there is no reliable evidence that people who report such experiences have died and returned, or that consciousness exists separate from the brain or body."[12]

The philosopher Robert Todd Carroll has written that a characteristic of Moody's work is the omission of cases that do not fit his hypothesis. Carroll writes that what Moody describes as a typical NDE may be due to brain states triggered by cardiac arrest and anesthesia. Moody believes NDEs are evidence for an afterlife but Carroll states they can be explained by neurochemistry and are the result of a "dying, demented or drugged brain."[13]

Personal life[edit]
Moody was born in Porterdale, Georgia, the son of an agnostic surgeon.[14] He has been married three times.

In 1991, Moody claims to have had a near death experience when he attempted suicide (which he talks about in this book Paranormal) which he says was the result of an undiagnosed thyroid condition which affected his mental state.[15] In an interview in 1993, Moody stated he was placed in a mental hospital by his family for his work with mirror gazing.[16] As of 2004, Moody lives in Alabama with his wife Cheryl, their adopted son, Carter, and adopted daughter, CarolAnne.

Knjiga je prodata u vise 12 milion primeraka...i najprodavanija knjiga na temu za poslednjih 100godina...
IP sačuvana
social share
ni bog ne prasta sve...

celavi oces cokoladicu...
Pogledaj profil WWW

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Zodijak
Pol
Poruke 1
Ova knjiga moze da se nadje u pdf formi na srpskom ili mozda hrvatskom jeziku (nisam siguran) na www. ivantic. net sajtu.
Super je!
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Idi gore
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Trenutno vreme je: 19. Apr 2024, 11:52:09
nazadnapred
Prebaci se na:  

Poslednji odgovor u temi napisan je pre više od 6 meseci.  

Temu ne bi trebalo "iskopavati" osim u slučaju da imate nešto važno da dodate. Ako ipak želite napisati komentar, kliknite na dugme "Odgovori" u meniju iznad ove poruke. Postoje teme kod kojih su odgovori dobrodošli bez obzira na to koliko je vremena od prošlog prošlo. Npr. teme o određenom piscu, knjizi, muzičaru, glumcu i sl. Nemojte da vas ovaj spisak ograničava, ali nemojte ni pisati na teme koje su završena priča.

web design

Forum Info: Banneri Foruma :: Burek Toolbar :: Burek Prodavnica :: Burek Quiz :: Najcesca pitanja :: Tim Foruma :: Prijava zloupotrebe

Izvori vesti: Blic :: Wikipedia :: Mondo :: Press :: Naša mreža :: Sportska Centrala :: Glas Javnosti :: Kurir :: Mikro :: B92 Sport :: RTS :: Danas

Prijatelji foruma: Triviador :: Domaci :: Morazzia :: TotalCar :: FTW.rs :: MojaPijaca :: Pojacalo :: 011info :: Burgos :: Alfaprevod

Pravne Informacije: Pravilnik Foruma :: Politika privatnosti :: Uslovi koriscenja :: O nama :: Marketing :: Kontakt :: Sitemap

All content on this website is property of "Burek.com" and, as such, they may not be used on other websites without written permission.

Copyright © 2002- "Burek.com", all rights reserved. Performance: 0.123 sec za 17 q. Powered by: SMF. © 2005, Simple Machines LLC.