Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

ConQUIZtador
Trenutno vreme je: 28. Apr 2024, 12:32:55
nazadnapred
Korisnici koji su trenutno na forumu 0 članova i 1 gost pregledaju ovu temu.
Idi dole
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Tema: Scientists extract images directly from brain  (Pročitano 3448 puta)
02. Okt 2009, 10:54:03
Svedok stvaranja istorije

Izgledas mi kao lutkica iz Trsta ;)

Zodijak Gemini
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 15222
Zastava Puerto Pollo
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla desktopsmiley_1_1
mob
HTC Wildfire S

Dobrodošli u posthumani svet totalne kontrole !

Penelope: "Pedro, volim te!"

Pedro: "Koji bre , Pedro? Imam kompjutersku evidenciju da to nisam ja!"         

Još u decembru 2008 g. američki naučni časopis "Neuron", objavio je rezultate veoma interesantnih istraživanja Japan’s ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories. Dakle, reč je o visokoj tehnologiji koja toliko napreduje i od koje se nekad možete uplašiti, čak i ako ste hi-tech fan kao ja.

Istraživači i naučnici sa ovog Instituta su usavršili nove tehnologije za osetljive analize moždanih funkcija, koje mogu da rekonstruišu slike unutar ljudskog uma i da ih lepo prikažu na monitoru kompjutera. Za sada ovaj novi sistem može da prikaže slike samo u crno beloj tehnici, ali Dr. Kang Cheng smatra da će se usavršavanjem cele stvari i tačnosti merenja, uskoro moći dobiti i slike u koloru. Dalje, prema istraživačima, opsežniji razvoj ove nove visoke tehnologije može omogućiti i da vidimo snove ljudi dok spavaju.

Posebno mi je interesantno što istraživači ovog čuda sugerišu i buduću verziju ove tehnologije, koja će moći da se primeni na polju umetnosti i dizajna - posebno ako bude moguće da brzo i tačno "skidaju" slike koje se nalaze u glavi umetnika. (sic!) Oni kažu da se ove tehnologije  mogu primeniti u psihijatriji, novim pristupima u lečenju halucinacija i drugih disorder-a, i yadda, yadda, yadda....sećam se!

Glavnokomandujući ovog tima Yukiyasu Kamitani kaže :

“This technology can also be applied to senses other than vision. In the future, it may also become possible to read feelings and complicated emotional states.” Detaljnije o ovome čitajte ako vas zanima na ovom interesantnom sajtu.

Ne znam šta mislite o ovome, nadam se da ćete reći u komentarima, ali kao što sam rekla na početku, mene plaši jer me podseća  na svet totalne kontrole iz 1984. i mislim da je opasno i po slobodu i kreativnost. Znam da se ljudi plaše svega novog i o čemu malo znaju, ali to prođe. Plašili su se i aviona kad su ga smislili, pa kad su skontali kako je dobra stvar, verujem da su bili oduševljeni. Ko je od njih tada mislio da će avioni biti glavno oružje u ratovima, koje seje bombe i smrt? Eto, odavno nisam pročitala nešto više zastrašujuće od ovoga. Ali od svakog zla i nešto dobro, pa da se našalim. Ako je ovo prava istina i jednog dana postane stvarnost, aj' da mi imenujemo neku ekipu i damo joj mandat, da prvo političarima koji odlučuju u naše ime dobro pročešljamo mozgove. Ah, da... kad bi moglo...prvo da vidimo kakve slike i misli u svojim glavama kriju Dr Čeng i ovaj Kamitani. I odakle su oni uopšte? Mislim... sa zemlje nisu!
Izvor: Blog B92

Scientists extract images directly from brain

Researchers from Japan’s ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories have developed new brain analysis technology that can reconstruct the images inside a person’s mind and display them on a computer monitor, it was announced on December 11. According to the researchers, further development of the technology may soon make it possible to view other people’s dreams while they sleep.

The scientists were able to reconstruct various images viewed by a person by analyzing changes in their cerebral blood flow. Using a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) machine, the researchers first mapped the blood flow changes that occurred in the cerebral visual cortex as subjects viewed various images held in front of their eyes. Subjects were shown 400 random 10 x 10 pixel black-and-white images for a period of 12 seconds each. While the fMRI machine monitored the changes in brain activity, a computer crunched the data and learned to associate the various changes in brain activity with the different image designs.

Then, when the test subjects were shown a completely new set of images, such as the letters N-E-U-R-O-N, the system was able to reconstruct and display what the test subjects were viewing based solely on their brain activity.

For now, the system is only able to reproduce simple black-and-white images. But Dr. Kang Cheng, a researcher from the RIKEN Brain Science Institute, suggests that improving the measurement accuracy will make it possible to reproduce images in color.

“These results are a breakthrough in terms of understanding brain activity,” says Dr. Cheng. “In as little as 10 years, advances in this field of research may make it possible to read a person’s thoughts with some degree of accuracy.”

The researchers suggest a future version of this technology could be applied in the fields of art and design — particularly if it becomes possible to quickly and accurately access images existing inside an artist’s head. The technology might also lead to new treatments for conditions such as psychiatric disorders involving hallucinations, by providing doctors a direct window into the mind of the patient.

ATR chief researcher Yukiyasu Kamitani says, “This technology can also be applied to senses other than vision. In the future, it may also become possible to read feelings and complicated emotional states.”

The research results appear in the December 11 issue of US science journal Neuron.

Izvor: pinktentacle.com

napomena: snimak je malo ubrzan da bi ispoštovao dozvoljenu dužinu na YTu.

'Mind-reading' software could record your dreams

Pictures you are observing can now be recreated with software that uses nothing but scans of your brain. It is the first "mind reading" technology to create such images from scratch, rather than picking them out from a pool of possible images.

Earlier this year Jack Gallant and colleagues at the University of California, Berkeley, showed that they could tell which of a set of images someone was looking at from a brain scan.

To do this, they created software that compared the subject's brain activity while looking at an image with that captured while they were looking at "training" photographs. The program then picked the most likely match from a set of previously unseen pictures.

Now Yukiyasu Kamitani at ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories in Kyoto, Japan has gone a step further: his team has used an image of brain activity taken in a functional MRI scanner to recreate a black-and-white image from scratch.

"By analysing the brain signals when someone is seeing an image, we can reconstruct that image," says Kamitani.

This means that the mind reading isn't limited to a selection of existing images, but could potentially be used to "read off" anything that someone was thinking of, without prior knowledge of what that might be.

"It's absolutely amazing, it really is a very significant step forward," says John-Dylan Haynes of the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences in Leipzig, Germany.

Dream catcher

Kamitani starts by getting someone to look at a selection of images made up of black and white squares on a 10 by 10 square grid, while having their brain scanned. Software then finds patterns in brain activity that correspond to certain pixels being blacked out. It uses this to record a signature pattern of brain activity for each pixel.

The person then sits in the scanner and is shown fresh patterns. Another piece of software then matches these against the list to reconstruct the pixels on a 10 by 10 grid.

The quality of images that were recreated is quite crude. However, the word "neuron" and several numbers and shapes that people were indeed being shown (see image, top right) could be observed in the reconstructed images. It is an important proof of principle, says Haynes.

As fMRI technology improves, Kamitani adds that an image could potentially be split into many more pixels, producing much higher quality images, and even colour images.

The next step is to find out if it is possible to image things that people are thinking of - as well as what they are looking at - Haynes says it may be possible to "make a videotape of a dream".

Ethical concerns

Haynes also raises the prospect of "neural marketing", where advertisers might one day be able to read the thoughts of passers by and use the results to target adverts. "This [new research] specifically doesn't lead to this - but the whole spirit in which this is done is in line with brain reading and the applications that come with that," he says.

"If you have a technique that allows you to read out what people are thinking we need clearer ethical guidelines about when and how you are able to do this," he says. "A lot of people want their minds to be read - take for example a paralysed person. They want us to read their thoughts," he says. "But it shouldn't be possible to do this for commercial purposes."

Kamitani is well aware of the negative potential of the technology. "If the image quality improves, it could have a very serious impact on our privacy and other issues. We will have to discuss with many people - not just scientists - how to apply this technology," he says.

Izvor:newscientist.com
IP sačuvana
social share

You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God...
...and where can you go from there? 

OPERATION: Smile
12 MAR 2012 | 16 MAR 2012
Pogledaj profil WWW

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

Zodijak
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 15472
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.14

novinari kao i obichno nemaju pojma i prenaduvavaju stvari . nauchnici su snimili stanje u delu mozga kad covek vidi neku sliku ,a ne kad o necemu misli . ljudska misao se sastoji od asocijacija . primer :

- kazete nekom "voda" . kod jednog coveka to izazove asocijacije na technost koja se pije , cashe , flashe i.t.d. ... nekom drugom to moze da bude asocijacija na mochvare ,davljenje , blato i.t.d....
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Krajnje beznadezan

Fly Baby, fly...

Zodijak Capricorn
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 11585
Zastava Serbia
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 3.0
Jos jedna stvar: verovatno su ljudima prikljucili elektrode da bi top izveli. Znaci, cak i da je moguce citati misli, potrebno je staviti elektrode na glavu. Za to bi trebalo da postoji saglasnost pojedinca.

Opasno je ako uspeju da signale mozga primaju na daljinu. To je frka! Smile
 Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

Izgledas mi kao lutkica iz Trsta ;)

Zodijak Gemini
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 15222
Zastava Puerto Pollo
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Chrome 14.0.835.186
mob
HTC Wildfire S

Brain imaging reveals the movies in our mind

This set of paired images provided by Shinji Nishimoto of the University of California, Berkeley on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011 shows original video images, upper row, and those images reconstructed by computer from brain scans. While volunteers watched movie clips, a scanner watched their brains. And from their brain activity, a computer made rough reconstructions of what they viewed. Scientists reported that result Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011 and speculated such an approach might be able to reveal dreams and hallucinations someday. In the future, it might help stroke victims or others who have no other way to communicate, said Jack Gallant, a neuroscientist at the University of California, Berkeley, and co-author of the paper. (University of California, Berkeley, Shinji Nishimoto)

Imagine tapping into the mind of a coma patient, or watching one's own dream on YouTube. With a cutting-edge blend of brain imaging and computer simulation, scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, are bringing these futuristic scenarios within reach.

Using functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) and computational models, UC Berkeley researchers have succeeded in decoding and reconstructing people's dynamic visual experiences – in this case, watching Hollywood movie trailers.
As yet, the technology can only reconstruct movie clips people have already viewed. However, the breakthrough paves the way for reproducing the movies inside our heads that no one else sees, such as dreams and memories, according to researchers.

"This is a major leap toward reconstructing internal imagery," said Professor Jack Gallant, a UC Berkeley neuroscientist and coauthor of the study to be published online Sept. 22 in the journal Current Biology. "We are opening a window into the movies in our minds."
Eventually, practical applications of the technology could include a better understanding of what goes on in the minds of people who cannot communicate verbally, such as stroke victims, coma patients and people with neurodegenerative diseases.
It may also lay the groundwork for brain-machine interface so that people with cerebral palsy or paralysis, for example, can guide computers with their minds.
However, researchers point out that the technology is decades from allowing users to read others' thoughts and intentions, as portrayed in such sci-fi classics as "Brainstorm," in which scientists recorded a person's sensations so that others could experience them.

Previously, Gallant and fellow researchers recorded brain activity in the visual cortex while a subject viewed black-and-white photographs. They then built a computational model that enabled them to predict with overwhelming accuracy which picture the subject was looking at.
In their latest experiment, researchers say they have solved a much more difficult problem by actually decoding brain signals generated by moving pictures.
"Our natural visual experience is like watching a movie," said Shinji Nishimoto, lead author of the study and a post-doctoral researcher in Gallant's lab. "In order for this technology to have wide applicability, we must understand how the brain processes these dynamic visual experiences."
Nishimoto and two other research team members served as subjects for the experiment, because the procedure requires volunteers to remain still inside the MRI scanner for hours at a time.
They watched two separate sets of Hollywood movie trailers, while fMRI was used to measure blood flow through the visual cortex, the part of the brain that processes visual information. On the computer, the brain was divided into small, three-dimensional cubes known as volumetric pixels, or "voxels."
"We built a model for each voxel that describes how shape and motion information in the movie is mapped into brain activity," Nishimoto said.
The brain activity recorded while subjects viewed the first set of clips was fed into a computer program that learned, second by second, to associate visual patterns in the movie with the corresponding brain activity.
Brain activity evoked by the second set of clips was used to test the movie reconstruction algorithm. This was done by feeding 18 million seconds of random YouTube videos into the computer program so that it could predict the brain activity that each film clip would most likely evoke in each subject.
Finally, the 100 clips that the computer program decided were most similar to the clip that the subject had probably seen were merged to produce a blurry yet continuous reconstruction of the original movie.
Reconstructing movies using brain scans has been challenging because the blood flow signals measured using fMRI change much more slowly than the neural signals that encode dynamic information in movies, researchers said. For this reason, most previous attempts to decode brain activity have focused on static images.
"We addressed this problem by developing a two-stage model that separately describes the underlying neural population and blood flow signals," Nishimoto said.
Ultimately, Nishimoto said, scientists need to understand how the brain processes dynamic visual events that we experience in everyday life.
"We need to know how the brain works in naturalistic conditions," he said. "For that, we need to first understand how the brain works while we are watching movies."

Izvor: medicalxpress

---

S jedne strane, na koliko samo načina mogu ovo da zloupotrebim.  Smile
S druge strane, kad bi mogao da snimim misli iz moje glave, bio bih milioner.  Smile

A možda je to sve jedna strana.  Smile
« Poslednja izmena: 24. Sep 2011, 19:46:54 od WhiteGoa »
IP sačuvana
social share

You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God...
...and where can you go from there? 

OPERATION: Smile
12 MAR 2012 | 16 MAR 2012
Pogledaj profil WWW

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Superstar foruma

Same rules apply

Zodijak
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 74299
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.22
upis
IP sačuvana
social share
Jeka je moj drug 
And I won't show or feel any pain even though all my armor might rust in the rain!
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Legenda foruma

Sertifikovani hejter i negativac

Zodijak
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 32361
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2
Vec znam gde ce se ovo primenjivati uskoro...
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Krajnje beznadezan

Zodijak Scorpio
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 13403
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Chrome 14.0.835.186
mob
HTC m9
vao svak cast  Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
jafa boy
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Prijatelj foruma
Legenda foruma

You'll never see me fall from grace

Zodijak
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 48490
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Chrome 14.0.835.186
''кад ми не иде уопште се не нервирам ... у глави одма' неки порнић кренем режирам'' ...  Smile
IP sačuvana
social share

It's all a fucking joke anyway

Tim: You never say please. You never say thank you.
Frank: Please don't be an idiot. Thank you.
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Krajnje beznadezan

Fly Baby, fly...

Zodijak Capricorn
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 11585
Zastava Serbia
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.22
Ma nek ga skeniraju strini! Smile mene nikada nece uhvatiti! Smile Smile Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Legenda foruma

Zodijak Capricorn
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 41361
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 6.0.2
Vec znam gde ce se ovo primenjivati uskoro...

Face Book, Face Book  Smile Smile
Kad nas sve uskeniraju pa ubace u neki megapipabajt hard disk, nece biti vise, cekaj da se setim  Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
Ako te uhvati bes ako stojis ti sedi,ako sedis ti lezi,ako lezis ti se polij vodom,voda ce da odnese tvoj bes...

Svest nije samo materijalna manifestacija, potrazi na interenetu

Dzoni, ne budi Kristal.

Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Idi gore
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Trenutno vreme je: 28. Apr 2024, 12:32:55
nazadnapred
Prebaci se na:  

Poslednji odgovor u temi napisan je pre više od 6 meseci.  

Temu ne bi trebalo "iskopavati" osim u slučaju da imate nešto važno da dodate. Ako ipak želite napisati komentar, kliknite na dugme "Odgovori" u meniju iznad ove poruke. Postoje teme kod kojih su odgovori dobrodošli bez obzira na to koliko je vremena od prošlog prošlo. Npr. teme o određenom piscu, knjizi, muzičaru, glumcu i sl. Nemojte da vas ovaj spisak ograničava, ali nemojte ni pisati na teme koje su završena priča.

web design

Forum Info: Banneri Foruma :: Burek Toolbar :: Burek Prodavnica :: Burek Quiz :: Najcesca pitanja :: Tim Foruma :: Prijava zloupotrebe

Izvori vesti: Blic :: Wikipedia :: Mondo :: Press :: Naša mreža :: Sportska Centrala :: Glas Javnosti :: Kurir :: Mikro :: B92 Sport :: RTS :: Danas

Prijatelji foruma: Triviador :: Domaci :: Morazzia :: TotalCar :: FTW.rs :: MojaPijaca :: Pojacalo :: 011info :: Burgos :: Alfaprevod

Pravne Informacije: Pravilnik Foruma :: Politika privatnosti :: Uslovi koriscenja :: O nama :: Marketing :: Kontakt :: Sitemap

All content on this website is property of "Burek.com" and, as such, they may not be used on other websites without written permission.

Copyright © 2002- "Burek.com", all rights reserved. Performance: 0.114 sec za 16 q. Powered by: SMF. © 2005, Simple Machines LLC.