Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

ConQUIZtador
Trenutno vreme je: 28. Apr 2024, 09:27:49
nazadnapred
Korisnici koji su trenutno na forumu 0 članova i 1 gost pregledaju ovu temu.

Napomena: Procitajte pravilnik foruma! Piraterija je zabranjena i muzicke zelje se ne ispunjavaju!

Idi dole
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Tema: One-man blues band - Seasick Steve  (Pročitano 764 puta)
06. Okt 2008, 17:09:19
Prijatelj foruma
Jet set burekdzija

high prudence

Zodijak
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 9110
Zastava Amber
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.51
mob
Nokia 1800
Seasick Steve

(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Steve Wold, more commonly known as Seasick Steve, is an American bluesman, although he rather would be called "a song and dance man." He plays guitars (mostly personalised), and sings. When asked about his nickname, Steve said: "because it's just true: I always get seasick."

When Wold was four years old, his parents split up. An old man from Mississippi, called K. C. Douglas, who wrote the song "Mercury Blues" and used to play with Tommy Johnson,[citation needed] taught him to play guitar at age 8. He left home at 13 to avoid abuse at the hands of his stepfather, and spent many years living on the streets in the States. He used to travel long distances by hopping freights as a hobo.

Before becoming a professional musician, Wold went through several jobs, including being a carnie, cowboy and a migrant worker. In the sixties he started touring and performing with fellow blues musicians, and in the nineties he worked as a recording engineer and producer.

Wold travelled extensively, living in 56 different houses in the 25 years of marriage with his Norwegian wife. Recently, Wold has stayed in Norway, after a recent heart attack made him consider staying in one place.

After moving to Norway, Wold came out with his first album, entitled "cheap", recorded with a Swedish band called The Level Devils as his rhythm section. His debut solo album, "Dog House Music" was released by Bronzerat on 26 November 2006

Wold made his first UK television appearance on Jools Holland's 'Annual Hootenanny' BBC TV show (broadcast on New Year's Eve 2006) where he performed a live rendition of "Dog House Boogie" on the 'Three String Trance Wonder' and 'The Mississippi Drum Machine' (see below). After that show his popularity suddenly boomed, as he explained in an interview:

I can't believe it, all of the sudden I'm like the cat's miaow!

He has been well received in the U.K, winning the MOJO Award for Best Breakthrough Act. In 2007 he was invited to a number of large UK festivals, which resulted in him playing the most UK festivals out of any band in that year.

Steve toured early in 2008, playing in a number of venues and festivals in the UK. He was joined by a drummer on stage, Dan Magnusson, who formerly played with his backing band, The Level Devils. KT Tunstall also dueted with Steve at one concert (Astoria, London, 24th January 2008).

In 2008 he re-appeared on Jools Holland.

Personalised Instruments

As well as an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar, Seasick Steve owns (and plays) a few obscure and personalised instruments such as these:
The Three String Trance Wonder
This is a normal guitar, but with only three strings. It has an old Harmony pickup added (with duct tape) and is played tuned to G, G and B using an E string in the A position, a D in the G position and a G in the B position. At his gigs, he often tells the story that he bought it for $75 in this condition in Como, Mississippi from a man named Sherman, who later told him he only paid $25 for it the day before. Steve vowed never to add another string, and that he would tour the world telling his story of how Sherman ripped him off. All in good fun as Sherman is a good buddy. A lot of the time he also adds (while picking up or putting away the guitar) that it is the "...biggest piece of shit in the world, I swear". During recent performances, including his set at 2008's Latitude and also Leeds and Reading 2008, the guitar had only two strings.
The One Stringed Diddley Bow
This is a one stringed string instrument played with a slide (He uses an old screwdriver for this purpose). It consists of a 2 foot long 2x4, with a semi-loose guitar string nailed to it at both ends. It was made especially for him by James 'Super Chikan' Johnson.
The 'MDM', The Mississippi Drum Machine.
A small wooden box that is stomped upon, providing percussion. It is decorated with a Mississippi license plate, and a small piece of carpet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoPNC3ebYQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohM4ov6LiG4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VavKdmGFXkk&feature=related

Smile Smile Smile
ja se odusevio kad sam video..
kako da ti se ne svidja covek koji svira gitaru koja ima 3 zice (a koju je platio 75 dolara) a za perkusije koristi kutiju koju je nazvao MDM (Mississippi Drum Machine)
znaci genijalno....  Smile bluuuuuuz  Smile
« Poslednja izmena: 06. Okt 2008, 17:10:49 od qcko »
IP sačuvana
social share
                                Someone stole my donuts, and now you're all gonna pay!                               
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Idi gore
Stranice:
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Trenutno vreme je: 28. Apr 2024, 09:27:49
nazadnapred
Prebaci se na:  

Poslednji odgovor u temi napisan je pre više od 6 meseci.  

Temu ne bi trebalo "iskopavati" osim u slučaju da imate nešto važno da dodate. Ako ipak želite napisati komentar, kliknite na dugme "Odgovori" u meniju iznad ove poruke. Postoje teme kod kojih su odgovori dobrodošli bez obzira na to koliko je vremena od prošlog prošlo. Npr. teme o određenom piscu, knjizi, muzičaru, glumcu i sl. Nemojte da vas ovaj spisak ograničava, ali nemojte ni pisati na teme koje su završena priča.

web design

Forum Info: Banneri Foruma :: Burek Toolbar :: Burek Prodavnica :: Burek Quiz :: Najcesca pitanja :: Tim Foruma :: Prijava zloupotrebe

Izvori vesti: Blic :: Wikipedia :: Mondo :: Press :: Naša mreža :: Sportska Centrala :: Glas Javnosti :: Kurir :: Mikro :: B92 Sport :: RTS :: Danas

Prijatelji foruma: Triviador :: Domaci :: Morazzia :: TotalCar :: FTW.rs :: MojaPijaca :: Pojacalo :: 011info :: Burgos :: Alfaprevod

Pravne Informacije: Pravilnik Foruma :: Politika privatnosti :: Uslovi koriscenja :: O nama :: Marketing :: Kontakt :: Sitemap

All content on this website is property of "Burek.com" and, as such, they may not be used on other websites without written permission.

Copyright © 2002- "Burek.com", all rights reserved. Performance: 0.072 sec za 16 q. Powered by: SMF. © 2005, Simple Machines LLC.