Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:

ConQUIZtador
Trenutno vreme je: 16. Apr 2024, 20:29:47
nazadnapred
Korisnici koji su trenutno na forumu 0 članova i 1 gost pregledaju ovu temu.
Idi dole
Stranice:
2  Sve
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Tema: Arctic Monkeys  (Pročitano 11834 puta)
08. Maj 2006, 23:56:18
Veteran foruma
Jet set burekdzija

Ideje i smeh će spasiti svet... ♫

Zodijak Libra
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 8225
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 8.53
mob
Samsung Galaxy S2
Iskreno, poslušao sam par pesama onako na brzaka i baš su mi se dopale. Zato se odlučih da otvorim ovu temu (jer je prethodno nigde nisam našao). Dakle, uskoro ću da nabavim i ceo album, a i zanimame da li ste ih vi slušali i šta mislite...
Evo nekih podataka o njima (izvinjavam se zbog engleskog, ali nisam imao vremena da prevodim):

Arctic Monkeys are a four-piece indie rock band from High Green, a suburb of Sheffield, England. Their first two singles, "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" and "When the Sun Goes Down", both went straight to number one in the UK Singles Chart, and the band's debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, holds the record for the largest first week sales of a debut album in UK history. The band won "Best New Act" at the 2006 Brit Awards, and went down in history at the 2006 NME Awards in becoming the first band to win "Best New Band" and "Best British Band" in the same year.

The band's cocky attitude and northern roots, often seen as a key element of the band's style, have seen them billed as a "northern Libertines", while their sound and some say wry lyrics—some even say social commentaries—have been compared to the The Jam, Blur, and Pulp.

Members

Established in 2002, the band consists of:

Alex Turner

Alex (born 1986) is the band's lead vocalist and plays lead guitar. He first met drummer Matt Helders at Stocksbridge High School. He has maintained a very private life, and shunned media publicity when declared the Coolest Man On The Planet by NME magazine in December 2005. He most commonly plays an Arctic White Fender American Stratocaster.
[edit]

Jamie "Cookie" Cook

Jamie is the band's rhythm guitarist and also provides backing vocals. He most commonly plays a Fender Telecaster.
[edit]

Andy Nicholson

Again a backing vocalist, Andy plays bass guitar for the band.
[edit]

Matthew "The Cat" Helders

The band's drummer who attended Barnsley College alongside Turner, he was also born in 1986. He is the most comprehensive backing vocalist, appearing in the tracks "You Probably Couldn't See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight at Me" and "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor". Like the other three members, Helders has largely avoided the spotlight.

History

Emergence

In 2002, Turner and Cook asked for instruments as a Christmas present. They both received guitars as presents. Matt Helders took up drums to form a band with them. Although it has been reported that they named themselves after Helders' uncle's band, they later admitted that this wasn't true, telling the Bolton Evening News that they had made the story up because they were bored in a previous interview, and were amazed that it had been accepted as fact; somewhat missing the point that there was no reason for people reading the previous interview not believe they were named after Helder's uncle's band. They began rehearsing in a warehouse in Neepsend [2]. Their first gig came on 13 June 2003 at The Grapes in Sheffield city-centre.

They first started to gain the attention of the mainstream public when their demos were made available to download on the internet in late 2004. Around this time they began to receive a great deal of attention from BBC Radio 1 and the British tabloid press. They had already had several sold out gigs in Sheffield by this point and their reputation was building up.

Their popularity rapidly grew after several shows. Mark "The Sheriff" Bull, a local amateur photographer (not to be confused with James Sheriff who was a college friend who administers the band's website), and passionate music fan, made the contents of Beneath the Boardwalk – which he named himself rather than use the term "demo" again - freely available to download from his webpage. These tracks quickly became available on several peer-to-peer file-sharing networks.

In May 2005, Arctic Monkeys released their first EP, Five Minutes with Arctic Monkeys, featuring the songs "Fake Tales of San Francisco" and "From the Ritz to the Rubble". This release was limited to 1000 CDs and 500 7" records, but was also available to download from the iTunes Music Store.

Their appearance on the Carling Stage at the 2005 Reading and Leeds Festivals was hyped by much of the music press – NME in particular – and the band was received by an unusually large crowd for the billing they played. The critically acclaimed performance even included spontaneous sing-alongs from the band's most devoted fans. Impressively, this included tracks that were only available as demos on the Internet. It was at this time that vocalist Alex Turner took the opportunity to rebuff claims that his band could not live up to the hype that has followed their emergence, and declared, "It feels like a moment, us playing here."

Record deals

Originally the band resisted signing to a record deal, to the extent that record company scouts were refused guaranteed guest list entry for their gigs. Their logic - "We've got this far without them - why should we let them in"[3], was illustrated with a series of sell-out gigs across the UK. October 2005 saw the band sell out the London Astoria, with 2000 fans singing the words to every song despite the band having released a single limited edition EP. Declaring their rise to stardom via the Internet "amazing", Turner added "I'm sure one day it will come back and bite us in the arse". The band's novel method of reaching the number 1 spot has led some to suggest that it could signal a change in how new bands achieve recognition. [4]

The grass-roots, chat-room frenzy surrounding the band eventually lured record company scouts. Although originally intending to go it alone, the band ended up signing to Domino Records in June 2005. The temptation of money saw the band almost sign for "another label", but the band were attracted by Domino owner Laurence Bell, who ran the label from his flat and only signed bands that he liked personally [5]. The UK's Daily Star tabloid newspaper reported that this was followed in October 2005 by a £1m publishing deal with EMI and a £725,000 contract with Epic for the United States [6]. The band denied this on their website, which dubbed the paper "The Daily Stir".

Initial releases

Their first single after signing to Domino, "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", was released on 17 October 2005 and went straight to #1 on the UK Singles Chart, selling 38,962 copies and beating McFly and Robbie Williams in the process. Three days later, the band made their first appearance on the cover of NME. Their second single, "When the Sun Goes Down" (having been renamed from its original guise as "Scummy"), was released on 16 January 2006 and also went straight to #1 on the UK Singles Chart, selling 38,922 copies and dethroning Shayne Ward.

The band finished recording their debut album at Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire during September 2005. Its name was confirmed as Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not in early December, with release originally intended for 30 January 2006. Although widely expected to be one of the biggest releases of 2006 with thousands of copies pre-ordered, early versions of many tracks were already freely available to download from the band's pre-label demo CDs. On 5 January 2006, Domino announced the album's release would be brought forward one week to the 23 January apparently "due to high demand". While the same thing was done with the release of Franz Ferdinand, there has been continued speculation that the move came as a result of the album's leak and the impact of file sharing - a controversial suggestion given file-sharing's part in establishing the band's incredibly large and dedicated fanbase.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not became the fastest selling debut album in UK chart history, selling 363,735 physical copies in the first week[7]. This smashed the previous record of 306,631 copies held by Hear'say with their debut Popstars, and is likely to be even higher once online downloads of the album are added [8]. The record's first day sales alone - 118,501 copies - made it the fastest selling debut rock album, and would have been enough to secure the Number One chart position.

In its first week of release in America, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, sold 34,000 units, making it the second fastest selling for a debut indie album in America. Receiving a lukewarm reception (perhaps a sign that the media is trying not to be influenced too much by the UK hype), the album debuted #24 on the Billboard album chart [9]. During a gig at the start of their US tour, Alex Turner was "openly hostile" to the audience" [10]. The Oakland Tribune's review of that gig begain with "THAT'S IT?" although it did admit "To be fair, the quartet did put on a likable show," and the Miami Herald said ""Its drummer sang laughably out-of-tune harmonies, its lead singer wasn't especially charismatic, the music felt catchy but unexceptional.", continuing the general opinion that although the band had promise, it wasn't felt that the hype was justified.

New records

In a similar fashion to bands like Oasis and The Smiths, the band wasted no time in recording new material, and released a 5-track EP on 24 April 2006, entitled Who the Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys. Seen as a swipe back at the snowballing hype surrounding the band, bad language is expected to result in little radio airplay. However, considering the band's rise to fame did not involve the radio, this should not be a great concern [11]. London radio station Xfm played the world premiere of a track from the EP - "Cigarette Smoker Fiona" on 27 March 2006.

The band have also revealed that they are well on their way to recording their second full album, having already penned at least 10 tracks [12]. The band have been writing new material since May 2005, and have stated their reluctance to "live off old records" for a long period of time.

Criticism

The band have received some criticism, based largely around the media furor that has surrounded their rise [13]. Critics have claimed that they are one in a long line of largely overhyped "NME bands." The release of the EP Who the Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys a mere three months after their record-breaking debut album has also been criticised by many, who have seen it as "money-grabbing" [14].

The cover to the debut album featuring a man smoking a cigarette also received criticism by Dr Laurence Gruer of NHS Health Scotland, arguing that the cover "reinforces the idea that smoking is okay,". This claim was denied by the band's manager and tried to defend it by dubiously claiming it was obvious to anyone that smoking wasn't "doing him [the man on the cover] the world of good" - although the man on the cover shows no obvious signs of distress, pain or discomfort (physical or otherwise).

In an article in The Guardian on April 24 2006, it was implied that Dan Treacy of Television Personalities is in some way behind the Arctic Monkeys, based on a perceived similarity between their lyrical style and that of Dan Treacy, and the fact that the lead singer of Arctic Monkeys is mysteriously not credited with their songwriting.[15]

Their cocky attiudes and arrogance haven't helped endear themselves to those who aren't fans of the band's music - while collecting their award for Best British Band at the NME Awards 2006, Turner said "We did the triple, but in all honesty, I suppose we're supposed to display some gratitude... We are grateful because, you know, voted for by the people and all that, we're very happy about that but who else was going to be the best British band at the moment, you know?"

Awards and Achievements

Bend
2005 Muso Awards - Best New Act - November 2005
2006 Brit Awards - Best British Breakthrough Act - February 2006
2006 NME Awards - Best New Band, Best British Band - February 2006
2006 ESKY Music Awards [from Esquire] - Most Promising Phenoms - April 2006
2006 Zlatn Koogla Awards [Croatia] - Best New International Act - April 2006

Records
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not:
fastest selling debut album in UK chart history.
Voted 5th greatest British album of all time by New Musical Express in January 2006 [16].
"I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor":

2006 NME Awards - Best Track - February 2006

Television appearances

October 2005 saw the group's only UK television appearances, performing on Popworld (15 October), E4 Music and Later with Jools Holland (28 October). Since these appearances, however, the band gained a degree of notoriety by refusing to play on any further TV shows [17]. The band have repeatedly turned down offers to play on the BBC's long running chart show, Top of the Pops, as well as ITV's CD:UK.

On 12 November 2005, the Monkeys' Liverpool gig was featured on MTV2's Gonzo on Tour. The footage was broadcast two weeks prior to the rest of the Gonzo On Tour, co-inciding with the week "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" went to UK Number One.

The band's refusal to attend the 2006 Brit Awards was originally seen as another snub to television, although a statement explained that it was in fact due to their prior commitments on the NME Awards tour. In their recorded acceptance speech for Best British Breakthrough Act, the band gained a "mystery fifth member" who did all the talking [18]. Known for being camera-shy, it turned out that the band had recruited We Are Scientists frontman Keith Murray to accept the award for them, to just "confuse the audience".

Despite their hostility to appearances on UK television, the band made their biggest TV appearance when they appeared on Saturday Night Live on 11 March 2006 to kick off their sold-out US tour. The performance included the songs "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" and "A Certain Romance", and saw the word "ASBO" printed on the bass drum. However, at one stage Turner accused an audience member of yawning [19], and the band had left the stage before the final note had died (with Cook petulantly tossing his guitar at an amp).

Albums

1.Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

23 January 2006

#1 (UK);#1 (AUS); #1 (IRE)

Izvor: Wikipedia
Zvaničan sajt grupe: arcticmonkeys.com
« Poslednja izmena: 09. Maj 2006, 00:02:00 od 3EBC »
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil Twitter

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Legenda foruma

Moje ime je Ozymandias.

Zodijak Cancer
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 38906
Zastava Kragujevac
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.3
Selim iz Muzike u Biografije izvodjaca i bendova...
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil WWW Twitter

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Legenda foruma

God is busy, may I help you?

Zodijak Aquarius
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 41441
Zastava Beograd, Srbija
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.02
mob
Apple iPhone 3Gs
Arctic Monkeys o novom albumu            

Arctic Monkeys su počeli rad na novom albumu. Bend već ima napisanih šest numera spremnih za novi album “D if For Danger”, “This House is a Circus”, “The Bakery Song”, “Plastic Tramp”, “Balaclava”, dok je poslednja numera još neimenovana i najverovatnije će se naći na B-strani. Pevač sastava Alex Turner izjavio je da novi album poseduje nesto drugačije u odonosu na prvo izdanje benda, i da su tekstovi jako dobri.

Artic Monkeys se trenutno nalaze u studiju zajedno sa producentom  sastava Klaxons i Mystery Jets, James Fordom.

Izvor: Kontra
IP sačuvana
social share
"Ponekad mi se čini da je najupadljivija odlika liberalizma, koja ga odvaja kako od konzervativizma tako i od socijalizma, stanovište da moralna uverenja u vezi sa ponašanjem koje se neposredno ne upliće u zaštićeno polje drugih osoba ne opravdavaju prinudu."

Friedrich Hayek
Pogledaj profil WWW GTalk Skype Twitter Facebook

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Veteran foruma
Jet set burekdzija

Zodijak Libra
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 8225
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.02
mob
Samsung Galaxy S2
Cool.. ovo će biti zanimljivo preslušati.

Momci imaju odlične tekstove..  Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil Twitter

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Prijatelj foruma
Krajnje beznadezan

You Scream,I Scream,We all scream for Morphine

Zodijak Taurus
Pol Žena
Poruke 12305
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 2.0
mob
Samsung Neki shit
he  Smile
bolji je black flag  Smile

Salim se...ovaj ok bend...prilicno se lepo izdvajaju od ostatka sadasnje tkz.indie pop scene...mislim jedini bend koji koliko toliko slusam od svih ostalih keiser shitova i ostatka kompanije...mada i dalje mislim da su one prodaje i obaranja rekorda previse...
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Veteran foruma
Jet set burekdzija

Zodijak Libra
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 8225
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.02
mob
Samsung Galaxy S2
Ne znam.. meni ortak (koji mi je nabavio albume da preslušam) rekao da su stvarno izbili na prva mesta top lista. E, sad, koliko je on informisan - ne znam. Mada mi se stvarno dopada kakav su album napravili  Smile
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil Twitter

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Prijatelj foruma
Krajnje beznadezan

Zodijak Taurus
Pol Žena
Poruke 12305
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 2.0
mob
Samsung Neki shit
pa i jesu izbili...mislim valjda si procitao ovo sto si napisao...pise da imaju najprodavaniji album u istoriji britanije...sto je po mom misljenju preterano...da se ne lazemo album jeste odlican (nije najbolji te godine ali ponovo je odlican u svakom pop pogledu) ali da razbije svu scenu na paramparcad sigurno nije...mislim da su pokusali englezi da naprave ono sta se desilo sa nirvanom 90-ih samo sto im nije uspelo...
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Legenda foruma

God is busy, may I help you?

Zodijak Aquarius
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 41441
Zastava Beograd, Srbija
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.02
mob
Apple iPhone 3Gs
Arctic Monkeys se okreću dance muzici

Britanski rok bend Arctic Monkeys će svoj novi album, koji će izaći u martu, začiniti elementima elektronske dance muzike. Prema frontmenu Alexu Turner, ovaj korak je zapravo povratak ka korenima benda.
"Možda će ovo zvučati čudno našoj publici, ali korišćenje elemenata elektronike na našem novom albumu je zapravo sasvim logično", rekao je Turner. "Ja sam puno slušao dance muziku dok nisam otkrio The Strokes." Posle svetskog uspeha njihovog prethodnog albuma "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not", bend oseća da je vreme za eksperimentisanje, što objašnjava zašto se sve više i više dance elemenata može čuti u njihovim pesmama, plus glasine da su neke pesme snimljene pomoću mobilnog telefona. Bubnjar Matt Helders je nedavno izjavio da pohađa specijalni kurs za bubnjara da bi mogao da se uklopi u jače, dance-orijentisane pesme tokom njihovih live nastupa.

Arctic Monkeys su jedan od najvećih prodora 2006. godine, a slavu su stekli pomoću Myspace-a. Iako je dodavanje dance elemenata zvuku benda možda logičan korak dalje, mnogi bendovi pre njih su uradili istu stvar. LCD Soundsystem, Bloc Party, Postal Service i The Killers su samo neka imena izvođača koji su svoje rok pesme začinili sintisajzerima i beatovima, a izgleda i da ovaj razvoj nije dostigao svoj kraj. Da li je ovo sledeća velika stvar u pop muzici? Budućnost rok muzike? Ili konačna fuzija kojom blede granice između roka i dance muzike? Vreme će pokazati.

Izvor: HappyNoviSad
IP sačuvana
social share
"Ponekad mi se čini da je najupadljivija odlika liberalizma, koja ga odvaja kako od konzervativizma tako i od socijalizma, stanovište da moralna uverenja u vezi sa ponašanjem koje se neposredno ne upliće u zaštićeno polje drugih osoba ne opravdavaju prinudu."

Friedrich Hayek
Pogledaj profil WWW GTalk Skype Twitter Facebook

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Veteran foruma
Jet set burekdzija

Zodijak Libra
Pol Muškarac
Poruke 8225
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Opera 9.10
mob
Samsung Galaxy S2
Baš me zanima kako će ovo da se završi :[0]:
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil Twitter

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Prijatelj foruma
Krajnje beznadezan

Zodijak Taurus
Pol Žena
Poruke 12305
Zastava Beograd
OS
Windows XP
Browser
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1
mob
Samsung Neki shit
o moj boze tek ce sada da budu sranje  Smile
mislim da ce da prodju lose iako im je jos rano da prodju lose
IP sačuvana
social share
Pogledaj profil

Prijava na forum:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Zelim biti prijavljen:
Trajanje:
Registruj nalog:
Ime:
Lozinka:
Ponovi Lozinku:
E-mail:
Idi gore
Stranice:
2  Sve
Počni novu temu Nova anketa Odgovor Štampaj Dodaj temu u favorite Pogledajte svoje poruke u temi
Trenutno vreme je: 16. Apr 2024, 20:29:47
nazadnapred
Prebaci se na:  

Poslednji odgovor u temi napisan je pre više od 6 meseci.  

Temu ne bi trebalo "iskopavati" osim u slučaju da imate nešto važno da dodate. Ako ipak želite napisati komentar, kliknite na dugme "Odgovori" u meniju iznad ove poruke. Postoje teme kod kojih su odgovori dobrodošli bez obzira na to koliko je vremena od prošlog prošlo. Npr. teme o određenom piscu, knjizi, muzičaru, glumcu i sl. Nemojte da vas ovaj spisak ograničava, ali nemojte ni pisati na teme koje su završena priča.

web design

Forum Info: Banneri Foruma :: Burek Toolbar :: Burek Prodavnica :: Burek Quiz :: Najcesca pitanja :: Tim Foruma :: Prijava zloupotrebe

Izvori vesti: Blic :: Wikipedia :: Mondo :: Press :: Naša mreža :: Sportska Centrala :: Glas Javnosti :: Kurir :: Mikro :: B92 Sport :: RTS :: Danas

Prijatelji foruma: Triviador :: Domaci :: Morazzia :: TotalCar :: FTW.rs :: MojaPijaca :: Pojacalo :: 011info :: Burgos :: Alfaprevod

Pravne Informacije: Pravilnik Foruma :: Politika privatnosti :: Uslovi koriscenja :: O nama :: Marketing :: Kontakt :: Sitemap

All content on this website is property of "Burek.com" and, as such, they may not be used on other websites without written permission.

Copyright © 2002- "Burek.com", all rights reserved. Performance: 0.107 sec za 17 q. Powered by: SMF. © 2005, Simple Machines LLC.